Redesigned 2019 INFINITI QX50 Receives VC-Turbo & ProPILOT Assist
The 2019 INFINITI QX50 has been unveiled and there are a lot of reasons customers are excited for this future vehicle at Ramsey INFINITI!
Not only does this luxury crossover receive a brand-new look, but there are some new technologies that you can take advantage of for a more convenient, comfortable and fun driving experience. Let’s go into detail at what made the refined QX50 the talk of the LA Auto Show.
The look of this crossover takes inspiration from the QX Sport Inspiration and QX50 Concept vehicles. This is evident by the exterior’s:
- More elevated & confident stance
- Clamshell hood shape
- Double-arch grille with a bridge-like top arch & more fluid bottom arch
- Deep character lines flowing from the hood along the body
- Chrome-tipped dual exhaust
- Side spoiler
- Subtly rear-recessing roof
- Defined trailing edge to the rear combination lamps
Other new design cues like the hood, A-pillar, tailgate and enclosed underbody are designed to help with a smoother drive around town and on busier roads like the NJ Turnpike, Garden State Parkway and Routes 80, 46 & 287.
The interior of the 2019 INFINITI QX50 gives you a handcrafted feel thanks to wrap-and-sew detailing for the seats, door panels and dashboard with a laser hole-cut stitch pattern. There are also plenty of other unique offerings such as:
- Contrast color stitching & 3mm piping in the seats made of smooth leather or quilting
- Matte-finish open-pore maple wood or aluminum dashboard trim
- Black, Dark Blue, Mid Brown & White interior color options
Loads of Cool Tech Inside
Another reason why the 2019 INFINITI QX50 is such an exciting vehicle is because of all of the new features you’ll get in this crossover. The first one is ProPILOT Assist, which is designed to be a self-driving vehicle in single-lane highway driving with the ability to automatically accelerate, brake and even steer.
Besides the radar & camera systems, direct adaptive steering and intelligent cruise control that make up the ProPILOT Assist system, other new safety features offered in the QX50 include distance control alert, backup collision intervention, blind spot intervention & forward emergency braking with pedestrian detection.
Also debuting in this version of the INFINITI QX50 is the InTouch infotainment system that’s comprised of:
- Head-Up Display on the windshield for accessing important info without having to look away from the road
- 8.0″ upper center console touchscreen for seeing navigation instructions & system messages
- 7.0″ lower center console touchscreen to display apps, climate control & entertainment functions
Other all-new QX50 features for the 2019 edition will include:
- Motion activated liftgate for opening the trunk area hands free
- 3 additional USB ports for plugging in mobile devices
- SHF 980 MPa steel body frame for enhanced safety & performance
- Optional panoramic moonroof
- Optional 16-speaker Bose Performance Series audio system
- Button-operated electronic parking brake
Innovation Under the Hood
The world’s first production-ready variable compression ratio engine has arrived and it’s here for the 2019 INFINITI QX50! The 2.0L VC-Turbo turbocharged gasoline engine delivers 268 hp and 280 lb/ft of torque that’s expected to get fuel economy rated at up to 27 mpg in FWD (a 35% increase) and 26 mpg in AWD (a 30% increase).
Paired with the VC-Turbo engine is XTRONIC Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT) that shifts smoothly to make going gear to gear feel seamless as you hit the road whether or not you use the manual mode. If you do opt for the manual mode, shifts will be more instantaneous because of the integrated shift-by-wire system.
The compression ratio varies between 8:1 for high-performance driving and 14:1 for more efficient driving thanks to the multi-link system and an electric motor with a unique Harmonic Drive reduction gear.
The 2019 INFINITI QX50 will be offered in Majestic White, Liquid Platinum, Graphite Shadow, Eclipse Black, Chestnut Bronze. Dynamic Sunstone Red, Hermosa Blue, Lunar White & Black Obsidian color choices at our Bergen County NJ dealership location. Contact Ramsey INFINITI to get additional information about the new QX50!