INFINITI QX70: One Last Chance to Say Goodbye in New Jersey
An iconic luxury crossover is taking one last lap before retiring. The INFINITI QX70 has been the vehicle of choice for the pickiest of shoppers in the Bergen County NJ and Rockland County NY area for years.
The 2017 INFINITI QX70 is still here at our dealership location and gives you a number of great features. Among the standard amenities you’ll enjoy in this vehicle are:
- Intelligent All-Wheel Drive (AWD) for optimal control in the snow, ice & slush
- Power-sliding tinted-glass moonroof for an extra breeze
- Power liftgate to make loading groceries easier
- Comfortable leather-appointed seating with heated front seats & reclining rear seats
- 11-speaker Bose premium audio system to hear your favorite tunes
The team at Ramsey INFINITI will help you find the right QX70 for your driving needs.
History of the INFINITI QX70
The INFINITI QX70 was originally called the FX and was first revealed at the 2001 North American International Auto Show as the INFINITI FX45 Concept, with a 2nd-generation Concept coming at the same show a year later. The debuting FX35 and FX45, named after their respective 3.5L V6 and 4.5L V8 engine options, first graced our dealership as 2003 models.
The 2004 version added 8-way power front passenger seat (replacing 4-way), Snow Mode function, optional aluminum roof rails & 20″ wheels with chrome plating or a dark silver metallic finish, while the 2005 edition debuted lane departure warning, roof-mounted side curtain airbags, a dark chrome grille (FX45 only) & a redesigned key fob.
The 2006 gave us its first major facelift with an redesign that included a revamped grille, bumpers, wheels and center console with a 7″ color display. Former options like a Bose audio system, RearView Monitor and heated power leather front seats now came standard, along with FX45 upgrades like Bluetooth and sport-tuned suspension.
The 2nd generation of the INFINITI FX came in 2009 and included a name change the FX45, which became the FX50 because of the new 5.0L engine. New features of this generation included:
- Redesigned interior & exterior accents
- Optional navigation system
- Optional Around View Monitor
- Push button ignition system
- Dual-zone automatic climate control
A Limited Edition debuted for the 2012 edition on the FX35 AWD model to give a sportier look. Speaking of sporty, the Sebastian Vettel Edition Concept was unveiled at the 2011 Frankfurt Motor Show and a limited-edition based off of it was sold in Europe. Then, the INFINITI QX70 name was born as the 2014 model year came and every INFINITI had a name change.
The final significant update to the model was made to the 2017 INFINITI QX70, where the Limited Package was reintroduced. Replacing the Deluxe Touring Package, this feature bundle offers premium design cues including:
- Unique front fascia with LED daytime running lights & 21″ wheels
- Body-color functional side vents
- Dark-finish rear combination & clear center high-mounted lamps
- Special high-contrast graphite & stone quilted leather seating surfaces
- Open pore wood interior trim with genuine aluminum flakes
- Dark headliner
A Rumored Return Date
Even though the INFINITI QX70 is no longer being produced, this could be temporary. According to Automotive News, the QX70 could be returning in 2021 or 2022, but will have a much different design.
Please keep up to date with the Ramsey INFINITI Blog to find out more about if the QX70 will be making its return to our roads.