5 Prestigious Awards Earned by the 2020 INFINITI Model Lineup
INFINITI has had an award-winning reputation for the 30+ years that our vehicles have been on the road. And the 2020 model lineup is no different since there are a variety of accolades that are on our brand’s mantle.
1. Ward’s 10 Best Engines and Propulsion Systems
For the second year in a row, the INFINITI Variable Compression Turbo (VC-Turbo) engine was named as one of Ward’s 10 Best Engines and Propulsion Systems. Found under the hood of the 2020 INFINITI QX50, here are the few facts about this award-winning 2.0L turbocharged 4-cylinder engine:
- It uniquely changes its compression ratio continuously in a range from 8:1 for high performance to 14:1 for maximum efficiency.
- It delivers 268 horsepower & 280 lb/ft of torque.
- It’s paired with Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT) with the INFINITI Drive Mode Selector that lets you choose from standard, sport, eco & personal modes.
- Judges at Ward’s stated that it feels like you get V8 power without the loss in gas savings.
- Fuel economy is rated at up to an EPA-estimated 29 mpg highway & 22 mpg city.
2. Consumer Guide Automotive Best Buy
The 2020 INFINITI QX50 is also just 1 of the 2 vehicles to be named a Best Buy by Consumer Guide Automotive in the Premium Compact Crossover/SUV category based on its value & performance during test drives. This is a popular segment with many vehicles driven on the roads of North New Jersey including:
- 2020 Acura RDX
- 2020 Alfa Romeo Stelvio
- 2020 Audi Q5
- 2020 BMW X3 & X4
- 2020 Buick Envision
- 2020 Cadillac XT4
- 2020 Jaguar F-PACE
- 2020 Land Rover Defender, Discovery Sport & Range Rover Velar
- 2020 Lexus NX
- 2020 Lincoln Corsair
- 2020 Mercedes-Benz GLB-Class & GLC-Class
- 2020 Porsche Macan
- 2020 Volvo XC60
3. Kelley Blue Book Lowest 5-Year Cost to Own
Our vehicles have both luxury and value, which is evident by the 2020 INFINITI QX80 being named as the Best Full-Size Luxury SUV in Kelley Blue Book’s Lowest 5-Year Cost to Own Awards. The QX80 beat out all the other models in its class by factoring in the following expenses:
- Initial purchase price
- Insurance costs & state fees
- Maintenance & repair outlays
- Fuel economy
- Interest rates
- Depreciation based on the individual model’s resale desirability & the brand’s reputation
4. IIHS Top Safety Pick
We know how important safety is when driving yourself & your loved ones in your vehicle, which is why we’re so proud that the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) named the 2020 INFINITI QX60 as a Top Safety Pick. For the second year in a row, the QX60 equipped with auto high-beam headlights earned this award due to scoring the highest ratings in the following tests:
- Driver-side small overlap front impact testing
- Passenger-side small overlap front impact testing
- Side impact testing
- Roof strength testing
- Head restraint & seat testing
- Vehicle-to-vehicle front crash prevention
5. NHTSA 5-Star Overall Safety Rating
Each year, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) performs frontal crash, side barrier crash, side pole crash & rollover resistance test scenarios to determine how safe vehicles are during an accident. We’re proud that both the 2020 INFINITI QX50 & QX60 received a 5-star overall safety rating, the highest possible score.
Ramsey INFINITI has a wide selection of award-winning 2020 models in stock, so contact our team today to learn more about these accolades, these vehicles or to schedule a test drive with us!