End of Lease Questions
END OF LEASE FAQ’S
Prepare for the end of your INFINITI lease
When it’s time to begin considering your lease-end options, INFINITI Financial Services wants to ensure a pleasant experience each mile of the way. Prior to your lease ending, we will begin sending you a series of mailers regarding your choices and obligations. You may contact us or your INFINITI Retailer to review your options. You may also review the options and explanations outlined below.
When it’s time to return your current vehicle, we want you to stay in the INFINITI family. We’ll waive up to $500 in excess wear-and-use charges and your $395 disposition fee, if applicable, on your current IFS lease when you purchase or lease a new INFINITI.
Early pull ahead may apply, 2 payments and sometimes even more!
Loyalty waiver applies up to 30 days after lease termination. Eligibility is determined by leasing or purchasing a new, unused, and unregistered INFINITI financed with Financial Services. The lessee’s name of the currently leased INFINITI must be the same as the lessee of the new INFINITI or held in joint ownership. Customers must satisfy all obligations to IFS, in accordance with their current lease agreement. See dealer for details.
To view current offers or shop online, visit www.InfinitiUSA.com.
YOUR END OF LEASE OPTIONS
There are 3 options for you to consider:
1. Replace your lease with a new INFINITI lease or purchase and take advantage of Loyalty Offers.
2. Return your lease vehicle to your INFINITI Retailer.
3. Purchase your lease vehicle. When you are ready to purchase, view the home page for current payoff details.
STEPS TO COMPLETE YOUR LEASE RETURN
If you choose to return your INFINITI or replace it with a new one, please follow these simple steps:
1. SCHEDULE YOUR PRE-RETURN VEHICLE INSPECTION: Call the Alliance Inspection Management Center (AIM) at 800.253.9026 or Schedule Online Now for a complimentary, but required, vehicle inspection. INFINITI Retailers are not authorized to perform this inspection, any requests sent, written or verbal, will not be accepted in the termination process. for a complimentary, but required, vehicle inspection. INFINITI Retailers are not authorized to perform this inspection, any requests sent, written or verbal, will not be accepted in the termination process.
An AIM, certified inspector will provide an assessment copy of chargeable wear-and-use (if any), along with a Notice of Option to make repairs prior to return.
2. DECIDE IF YOU WANT TO MAKE REPAIRS: If excess wear, and use, is discovered during your inspection, you have the option to repair your vehicle before returning. You may want to consult with your insurance agent to determine what is more beneficial.
3. MAKE AN APPOINTMENT WITH YOUR INFINITI RETAILER: Please contact your local authorized INFINITI Retailer 30 days prior to your maturity date to return, replace, or purchase your lease.
4. COMPLETE A FEDERAL ODOMETER/LEASE TERMINATION STATEMENT AT THE RETAILER: Federal and State law require a signed disclosure of your vehicle’s mileage. This document is also necessary to process the termination of your account, and will serve as your receipt for the return of the vehicle. Be sure to request a copy of all documents for your records.
5. SATISFY ANY LEASE LIABILITY FEES/CHARGES: If applicable, you will receive an End-of-Lease liability statement four to six weeks after the vehicle has been returned to your INFINITI Retailer. The statement will detail any current fees/charges remaining, including a disposition fee of up to $395. You may receive subsequent bills after this liability statement that may include, but are not limited to property tax, parking tickets; toll violations, etc. that occurred during the time you were in possession of the leased vehicle.
6. ADDITIONAL CHARGES: Exceeding your total mileage allowance will result in additional charges. Please refer to your lease contract to review all its terms and conditions.
If you have any questions, or if we can be of further assistance, please call 800.887.5155 between 7:00 AM to 6:00 PM CT, Monday through Friday. Again, thank you for allowing us the opportunity to assist you with your financing needs.
EXCESS WEAR AND USE GUIDELINE
At the end of your lease, an inspection is completed before you turn your vehicle in to an INFINITI Retailer. Having the inspection done as soon as possible will help you prepare for any excess wear and use charges, and gives you time to review the repairs with an authorized Retailer. Please read the below information to help you understand the end of lease process in more detail.
Non-chargeable vs. chargeable wear and use
We expect that, during the course of your lease, your INFINITI will experience normal wear and use, this is considered non-chargeable. Definitions of excess wear and use that IFS considers chargeable can be found in the INFINITI Guide to Chargeable Wear and Use. Approximately 60 days prior to the end of your lease, we will send you a Wear and Use Assessment Key; it highlights the most common wear and use items and will help you prepare for your inspection.
The Vehicle Inspection Process
Every INFINITI is inspected using consistent guidelines by the third party certified inspection company, Alliance Inspection Management (“AIM”). To schedule your complimentary, but required, vehicle inspection, call 800.253.9026. An inspector will provide you with an assessment of wear and use, if any, for which you may be responsible as referenced in your lease agreement. Upon completion of the inspection, you will be provided a copy of your “Condition Report” and “Notice of Options to make repairs prior to return”. The cost of these repairs may be covered by your insurance company, with your only expense being the amount of your deductible. Contact your insurance carrier for details. If you choose to return your vehicle without the inspection, an inspection will take place at a later date to determine what, if any, excess wear and use charges apply. IFS is not bound by any statements or representations made by any dealer regarding excess wear and use or the vehicle condition upon return.
What to do if your vehicle has Chargeable Excess Wear and Use
We encourage you to have your vehicle repaired by an INFINITI Retailer prior to returning your lease. If you do repair your vehicle, you may fax the Repair Order and Receipt to 972-607-7151 detailing the repairs so we can amend your end of lease liability statement, or have a re-inspection completed, as applicable.